What are the three mandatory requirements for a wedding in Massachusetts?
- The two people intending to get married.
- The Officiant.
- A valid marriage License.
How do we get mv Marriage License?
- You and your Fiance( e) need to go together any City in Massachusetts, and file a license Application.
- You wait three to five business days to pick up your marriage license (The license is good for two months.)
- Then you call me at 617-319-5570 to book up the wedding appointment.
Do we need blood tests?
- No. As of January 28,2005 blood tests are no longer required in Massachusetts.
Do we need witnesses present at our ceremonv?
- No, Massachusetts Law does not require that witnesses be present at your ceremony.
Do we need rings?
- No. While they are traditional, rings may not be required. Rings are at your discretion.
Can we select our own vows?
- Absolutely. I have a number of samples available from which you may choose. You can write your own words.
Do we have to speak at the ceremony?
- Only if you want to. Massachusetts law provides a lot of latitude in what is, and at wedding ceremonies. You can get away with as little as just saying, “Ido.”